When it comes to musical instruments, taking care of them especially from humidity can be tricky. Guitars are unique instruments and once you find that special one, well taking care of it would be very important. Having issues with your guitar?, wandering what best you can do to maintain and protect your guitar from the hash weathers well worry no more because we are here for you.
In this article you would understand both the basics on how a dehumidifier works and how best you can protect your guitar from the hash humidity and temperature. Basically, guitar dehumidifiers are just humidity control devices that can be attached to your guitar and used to help protect your instruments from dry and damp climates. When it comes to your musical instruments getting the very best is important and that is why we are here for you.
We have been trusted by millions of viewers over the globe for more than 6 years. We review top quality device, test it ourselves and carry out a survey before we offer the best online. When it come to guitar dehumidifiers, there are 3 types of filter pad designs in the market. There are ;
- Carbon filter Pads
- True HEPA fabric filter model
- UV filter pads
These models of filter pads are top quality and in some devices they may built with a 2 or 3 stage filter and even a 4 stage filter system.
Best Guitar Dehumidifier – Buying Guide And Recommendation
You would agree with me when I say that you will have to know what is the best to get the best. When it come to recommendation we are trusted and unique. On our list we have selected the best products with the best viewer reviews and energy efficiency, starting from popular brands like Honeywell to Music Nomad and others which will surely serve you perfectly no matter what climatic condition you live in.
When it comes to Guitar dehumidifier they come in different grades and the best quality will ensure your guitar is kept dry and unaffected by humidity. As a guitarist , there are certain qualities you need to look out for such as;
- Efficiency of the Dehumidifiers
- Quality and Grades of the Filters
- Longevity and Warranty on the Device
- Portability and Simplicity
- Maintenance Cost and Energy efficiency
These few basic features would have to be top on your priority list when choosing a guitar dehumidifier.
Best Rated Guitar Dehumidifier Review
1. Re-changeable Dry Silicate Packs For Guitar Dehumidification
When it comes to Guitar dehumidifiers this design is not so common both still efficient and effective in getting rid of moisture in and around your guitar. Unlike others this design is one of the many models made by Dry and Dry Company and ever since it has been a impressive. Aside from its absorbent property this design is also very light weight, budget wise and easy to maintain.
Most viewers ask how it works well, this gelatine material is made up of (NaSc) sodium silicate which is made in to petal of beads which can easily drain the moisture in the surrounding and maintain the humidity. When it is completely damp it turns pink and you would have to change it again. These pallets can easily be kept below the strings.
It’s very important that you don’t tire open the pack since it has small porous holes where the moisture can drain through. And also this design is very versatile and it can work with in other In other devices and instruments such as your cell phones, violin, TV sets, laptops and more. When it comes to drainage and dehumidification capacity this works like no other.
With its porous holes on the packs the sodium silicate beads it makes moisture absorption all most 100%.Amazingly aside from that it can also be reactivated by carefully near a heat source such as a microwave for about 9 mins or in your ovens in between the racks for at least an hour and 45 mins for max drying.
Also viewers are to be careful when placing it near a heat source because it may overheat up and pop. And also you can even make it more porous by simply poking small holes at both sides of the refillable thick packet.
- Product Brand : Dry and Dry
- Item Dimensions : 9.4 x 4.3 x 2.4 in.
- Item’s Weight : 1.5 lbs
- Product Design : sodium silicate packets
- Product usage : with all devices and instruments
- Humidity drainage quality : 97.9%
- Quantity of product : 5 gram
- Quality of Product : rechargeable and reusable (microwave heating)
Key Product Features
- This dry and dry design consists of safe reusable packets of sodium silicate beads which can easily drain out the humidity
- It has a smooth porous surface for absorption of moisture
- It is very versatile and Cam be used with devices such as your cameras, mobile phone, watches and so on
- It is also recharged by microwaving it for about 9 minutes
- It has a very thick layer of polythene that prevents it from easily popping out
- It also contains 5 grams of sodium silicate beads which can be easily removed and replaced
Most viewers like:-
- It is simply to use and easy to dispose of and refill
- This model can be reused over and over again which is cost saving
- It has a smooth porous surface which is about 1.3 inches thick which prevents tires or damages
- It can be used in different devices and instruments such as your cameras cell phones pianos etc.
Most viewers dislikes:-
- When comes to vulnerability this design can be easily damage since since it is stored in a polythene packet
- It contains sodium silicate beads which can be poisonous if consumed.
- It has a small moisture capacity since it contains only 5 gram of beads.
- It will need to be replaced from time to time
2. Gorchee High Energy Efficient Portable Guitar Dehumidifier
Wandering what else we have, well this model is very common for Guitar dehumidification. But what distinguishes this brand, is how energy efficient it is even though it size. Unlike others guitar dehumidifiers with simple dehumidification unit and filtering pads, this upgraded Gorchee model can do more than just guitar dehumidifying. It can also drain and maintain the humidity in large area as large as 490 square feet.
With its 2300 millilitre tank capacity it can easily drain out at least 1300 millilitre of moisture every 24 hours and still clean up the air, making your how 99% germ air free. When it comes to luxury but budget wise this brand is there for you. Not only that, it also highly efficient and comes with all the safety techs and measures to ensure your children and pets are safe around it.
With the one button feature you can easily change its settings from musical equipment dehumidification to just dehumidifying your bedrooms. When it comes to versatility and noise free it is pretty quite and can be used for other purposes, so that would save you the cost of buying another during the rainy days.
- Brand : Gorchee
- Items Dimensions :
- Product Uses : For both Instrumental and household use
- 17 x 12 x 6 inch
- Product weight : 6 lbs
- Tank volume : 2300 millilitre
- Noise Level : 37 decibel
- Space Coverage : 490 square feet
Amazing Key Features :-
- Long lastly and Energy Efficient : when it comes to energy savings this design got you covered. This model only consumes 46 watts per hour so that means it only uses 1.1 kilowatts over a 24 hour use. When compared with other models it is very energy efficient and environmentally safe since no carbon are released.
- Versatility and Portability : this is one of the major kicks added to the it’s design. It can be used for both your guitar dehumidification and household uses as earlier mention. This device is easy to maintain and move around and may not need any maintenance for a long-time and would still offer a high standard of air dehumidification at all times.
- An additional Automatic Power shutoff control : This is an additional feature to it. when it’s 2300 millilitre tank capacity is filled up it send out an automatic power shutdown and a green light will begin to blink indicating it.
- Low Decibel Control :- Noise is one of the major factors you should watch out for as it can be very disturbing and at times discomforting. Most viewers had a good rating
Most viewers likes:-
- This upgraded Gorchee guitar dehumidifier is very versatile and light weight
- It has a relatively low noise level when compared to other models
- It has an additional automatic power shutoff control to prevent water spillage which most viewers love
- Also aside from its absorbent filters, it only runs on a low power consumption as low as 46 watts per hour
Most viewers dislikes :-
- When it comes to Guitar dehumidifiers this model is perfect but it will need maintenance which can be costly.
- It may not be suitable for large homes or spaces where your instruments are stored
- It is not that cost saving effective because you may need to replace its filters from time to time.
3. Powdered Guitar Instrument Pack For Guitar Dehumidification
“Top quality” is what most viewers have reviewed on this product. Like our previous review on the Dry and Dry model this design is similar. It was designed by Instrument Pack Company and ever since it has been very impressive. It comes in a polythene light packet unlike other similar design. This product is perfect can be attached on the straps of the guitar or below the strings sets.
When you attached you can easily continue playing those strings with out worrying about effects of humidity or drought. The instrument Pack 2 for Guitar dehumidifying is top notch and would be perfect for all designs. And can also be used in other musical instruments such your pianos, violin etc all you need to do will be to add more packs.
For safety reasons you don’t need mix it with other model and also ensure it is sealed tight to get the best quality and effectiveness.
Unique Specifications :-
- Brand : Instruments Pack
- Item Dimensions : 13*5*4 CM per pack
- Item Description : in powder form
- Item weight : 6 gram
- Humidity Storage Capability : 900 millilitre
Amazing Key Features :-
- Instantly Dehumidifies and Long Lasting : when it comes to smart and easy dehumidification this brand is top notch. You don’t need to worry about changing it regularly because it can last for as long as six months. So all you need to do will be to place at least 3 packs in your guitar casing but weather conditions might affect the how long it would last.
- Preconditioning Tech Upgrade: you must be wandering what I mean. Well this product is made from fresh natural plant materials with a very high absorbent quality.
- Health Safe and Toxicity free: This company designed this product to ensure your health and your guitar’s quality. It contains all natural products so that it may not pollute or affect the environment if pops open.
Most viewers Likes:-
- One of the few things viewers liked is how portable and simple to use it is
- It is very cost effective and cheap unlike other guitar dehumidifiers
Most viewers Dislikes:-
- When it comes to wide range use such as grand pianos or drum set it may not be suitable.
- It will need regular check to ensure it wouldn’t be due.
4. Midea Grand Size Guitar Dehumidifier
If you are think large well there is nothing more better and suitable for both your home and your guitar at the same time. This grand dehumidifier is mostly best for large storage musical rooms and spaces but with this at your home your household is fully covered for the rainy days. With its multi filter unit you can leave your guitar outside its casing and use it any time you wish.
This grand guitar dehumidifier is also ranked top on our viewers choice not just because of its technological advancements but because it is environmentally friendly and can filter out pathogenic organisms. It’s recent design is able to collect 71 pints of moisture that is 5 times more than most guitar dehumidifiers making it perfect for your basement or attics. It can also maintain a perfect humidity range of 46%-58% at the same wattage all day.
Unique Specifications :-
- Brand : Midea
- Item Dimensions : 16*12*25 inches
- Item Weight : 33 pounds
Amazing Key Features
- Highly Efficient: The size of the grand Midea guitar dehumidifier says it all. This upgrade can cover as wide as 4600 square feet within few hours unlike other models.
- Storage Tank Capacity: You would find that amazing because this portable Guitar dehumidifier has an inbuilt storage tank that can hold up to 71 pints of water which is more than 4 liters.
- Automatic Technology Control Settings : with this dehumidifier you can maintain the setting on the device even when a power shortage occurs.
What Most Viewers Like:-
- One of the few unique qualities and amazing features of this model is it’s large storage capacity which enables it to last long without emptying it.
- It also has an automatic control restore button which continues the setting it was functioning on.
- It is also very quiet and can be as low as 49 decibel.
- It has a very low maintenance cost
- Attached to its main board is a hose outlet which allows for passage of water drained out of the dehumidifier.
What most viewers dislikes :-
- Most viewers dislike its size and it’s weight
- Aside from its technological advantages, it can at times consume a lot of wattage
5. Inofia Compact Guitar Dehumidifier
The last but not the least is the conventional guitar dehumidifier. When it comes to compact and convenience, this guitar dehumidifier is the best. We have ran several test and this dehumidifier would fit any common small size basement of storage space. Along side other brand, this company has been in the market of manufacturing not just dehumidifiers but also air conditioner and more.
They have been trusted by million of viewers over the years. Knowing what you would be after as guitarist, we have selected one of the few top quality dehumidification units in the market. Additionally this device has a smooth hard covering which prevents it from easily breaking when trip over. One of its convenient features allows you to pre-set it, so once it gets the humidity level, it automatically shuts down and restarts again once it is humid again.
If you may be wandering about water outlet, well that is already covered because it also comes with a 7 inch long hose for water passage.
Unique Specifications :-
- Brand:- Inofia
- Item Dimensions:- 13*8*18 inches
- Item weight :- 24 lbs
- Product features :- Multiple Humidity and shut off controls
Amazing Key Features:-
- Convenient and Compact Design : this Inofia guitar dehumidifier is one of few that inbuilt automatic humidity control one-off switch which helps reduce cost of running it. Aside from this it has also been made to be very light and easy to use.
- Versatility: When you think versatility, this product would be suitable for more than one use. Aside from this it is also very portable and can be used in several rooms at home. We have ran several practice test and it has proven to be top standard quality.
Most viewers likes :-
- Most guitar dehumidifiers are not as technological improved as this model is. It comes with an automatic shut down control which prevents the 4 pint tank from over filling
- It also comes with a 7 inch long hose for water outlet/passage which is very convenient
- It can be very used over night when you are at sleep so you don’t need to worry about checking if your guitar is dry or not
- With its sound control settings, it makes it very quite and noise free
- This model is also very energy efficient and portable with can makes it very handy
Most viewers dislikes :-
- When it comes to wide range use such as large spaces or basements, it would not be suitable
- It can be costly at times to maintain it
- Most viewers found it difficult to familiarize themselves with its settings and controls
Conclusion :- Best Guitar Dehumidifier
Top notch guitar dehumidifier are very necessary when you live in humid weather conditions. And this can be very frustrating as a guitarist when the humidity affects your instruments. On our list we have selected one of the few top quality device that give you the very best air purification not just for your guitar but your home.
When the rainy or dry seasons come around you would need a dehumidifying unit for both instrumental and hygienic purposes. That is why we have selected the very best guitar dehumidifier that would fit and suit and storage space.